Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A SAHM sleeps

J had a bad night. He's teething. His upper molars are already out, and now it's time for the lower ones. He woke up at 1:30 a.m., just when hubs and I were already burrowed deep under the sheets. You know how these nightwakings go. You're warm and cozy, happy to be abed, eyelids closing, fuzzy thoughts getting mixed up in your brain. Then a cry blasts from the baby monitor, and your eyes snap wide open. Groan. Is he going to go back to sleep on his own, or do I need to get up?

Last night, he really needed help falling asleep again. Up I went, and it was almost 3 a.m. before I regained my own slumber.

Groggy as I was this morning, I had to resist having coffee. True, it would have perked me up but I was looking forward to my nap... er, his nap. Ah, the blessings of being a SAHM. Sleep when the baby sleeps. Isn't that what they always say? I'm only doing what the sages suggest.

So, I'm alert now, instead of irritatingly sleep-deprived. Happy I am, to be a SAHM who sleeps.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Carbon said…

    Wow, it's like you took the words out of my mouth. We SAHM's are more similar than we think!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home