Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Dino Digging at the 4H Garden

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I took my son, my mom and my MIL to a horticultural garden this morning. The Children's 4H Garden was filled with little tykes and their moms who were there for a university-sponsored activity. My son was too young to participate in the Dino Digs, but he enjoyed being with the bigger kids. I asked one of the moms there if the kids were part of a playgroup and she said no. They all just went there to let their kids take part in the activities. My little boy would have fun doing things like this when he's a little bigger so I signed up to receive information on future activities at the garden.

On another note, I wondered to myself if all the moms I saw were SAHMs. I know at least one of them was, since she used to be in the department I graduated from. I saw one dad. Maybe he's a SAHD. I don't know. But I got to thinking about whether to meet up with other SAHMs. I know there are support groups for SAHMs. I haven't really felt the need for such, although it would be nice to compare notes once in a while. My husband has relatives in the area who could provide additional adult conversation for me, if I ever needed it. But sometimes, I think it would be nice to connect with other SAHMs who have the same interests as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home