Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Blogging mommy

When I told my friends about my blogs, a couple of them made a comment that they're about motherhood issues. On one hand, there's nothing wrong with that. On the other, it struck close to a fear I will confess to as a SAHM... that of losing myself to motherhood. Whereas I used to be a "graduate student", "teacher", "research assistant", even "lab rat", am I now "just a mommy"?

I'm aware of the risk of losing my identity other than as someone's mom or wife. So I try to do other things not related to providing meals and clean clothes all day. I read a variety of books. I keep up with current events worldwide. I scrapbook. I blog. But somehow, that may all still get lost in that one overriding identity. MOMMY. And a stay-at-home mommy at that. Although I will not trade what I now have to get back those other "titles", I know I still have to get completely comfortable in this new role.

Maybe I need to blog about something else? But I don't really want to. I have another passion, which I'll write about someday. But for now, a blogging mommy is what I'll happily be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home