Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Work vs. Stay-at-home

Kitty O'Callaghan of Parenting Magazine, in answering a reader's question about how to bridge the gap between a SAHM and her work-outside-the-home (WOTH) friends, comments:
Before long, you may start to view the grass as greener on the other side and see your own life's lawn as one big, boring patch of weeds.

It's human nature to try looking over the fence to see whether the other side IS indeed greener. Even though I'm sure that being a SAHM is what I want at this point in my life, there are times when I wonder whether my WOTH friends are having more fun, or feel more fulfilled, etc. Sometimes it's just a matter of wishing that I could have a better impact on the world. I mean, how could making sure a baby's bottom is clean and naps are enforced have a significant effect on how the world turns? Then I realize, it matters. To my baby. To my husband. To me. Though it may have occasional brambles, my life's lawn is not "one big, boring patch of weeds". It's a meadow of wild flowers, singing birds and happy hearts.

To read the full article and Kitty's tips, click here.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Lei said…

    Happy Mothers Day!!!
    Leirs

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Singa Mama said…

    awww, sayang, the full article is only for those with subscription... share naman the summary?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home