Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Friday, August 19, 2005

Nowhere to go

The other day, Hubby offered to watch our little boy so I could have some time out of the house. Yay! He often does that, since he realizes I do need a break every now and then. I did have a book to get from the library. After that... well, after that... I had nowhere to go. Rather sad, isn't it? A whole few hours to myself, and I couldn't think of a place to go.

Hubs always knows where to go, given the chance (the golf course, where else). I counted off my choices:
Mall - I wasn't in the mood to shop.
Grocery - Come on.
Library - I did go for a few minutes.
Park - I preferred one with lots of open spaces, but that one was too far away.
Scrapbook store - I didn't want to spend any money just then.
Friends - I can't just go and show up at their house on such short notice.

I miss the way people are in the old country. We could just go to our neighbors and friends, even without calling ahead. Great if they're there, fine if they're not.

Maybe I should join a mommy group. I don't know. I might if they accept drop-by anytime moms like me. ;) Or maybe I'm just growing roots here at home.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Carbon said…

    I get this way too! Funny. Sometimes I think that I should have a list on the fridge so when I do choose to go out or need some sort of activity, I'll have one staring me right in the face! Us mommies are all too similar!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jadevine said…

    No kidding! You too? I thought it was sad that I had no place to go. But it's not so sad now that I know I'm not alone in this. It's normal, after all. Hahaha! That's a good idea, maybe I should start a list too. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home