Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Monday, August 15, 2005

Feeling Pressure

We went to the pedia today, and after all the usual medical what-have-you's, our dear doctor's parting words to my little one were "See you in 6 months, and I hope you've gained some weight by then." You see, J's a little on the light side. He's only on the 20% percentile on the weight chart. I usually think this is just his natural body built. I wasn't a big baby myself (I'm actually happy for it).

I know he could be a picky eater, but he does eat. And he's very active, so maybe that's where it all goes. But I do feel anxious at times in thinking up what to feed him. He's got allergies so we can't just give him whatever. Being the primary cook at home, I'm the one who decides what he eats most of the time. I feel pressure occasionally ... to avoid food he's allergic to, to provide good wholesome nutrition within those constraints, and finally, to get him to eat well.

So hearing this from our doc just added a little bit more stress. I know he means well, and I really have a lot of respect and fondness for him. But I just felt like saying, "What do you think I've been trying to do?".

I know this feeling will pass. I know I'll keep trying to be creative in doing these things. I know J's going to be OK, as long as he's not getting sick or lethargic. I know someday, he'll be happy he wasn't a fat baby so he won't have to deal with weight issues so much.

But right now, I still feel the pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home