Mom@Home

Blogs of a SAHM ... News articles and discussions that are relevant to the stay-at-home parent ... Joys and challenges of the hardest and most rewarding 24/7 job there is

Friday, November 11, 2005

Spreading Myself Too Thin?

In addition to this blog (which I'm determined to update more frequently now), my problog and my personal blog, I'm also considering 2 more blog topics. I haven't done anything about these last 2 yet, just toying with the idea. I think I'll have fun writing about these. Of course, there's the possibility of also earning from them and truly jump starting a new career for myself.

What's been keeping me back is a fear that I might spread myself too thin if I take on 2 more blogs. Between my commitments to my current blogs, tinkering with templates in my as-of-now stagnant personal blog, reading other blogs (and networks) and checking emails, I've found that I'm spending quite a bit of time in front of the computer screen.

While the possibilities and fun factor are very enticing, I didn't resign my lab job to spend hours at the keyboard instead. I tell myself that my primary job is and should be taking care of my family and home. I'm afraid that if I take on these new blogs, they will take chunks of my time. Time that my family and home need me for.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what can be overwhelming in problogging is trying to keep up the required quota of posts per week. if not for that, i'd say go, go, go! if you're launching those 2 additional blogs with a network that has such requirements, i'd be a little bit nervous, too.

    i'm keeping 3 pro-blogs, one of which do not have posting quota. i'm nervous on taking more commitments, but that's because i'd like to keep a bit of space open for non-blogging options as well. plus, i'm not exactly the greatest when it comes to time management, haha!

    my advice: if you can, launch the next blogs one at a time, and have a feel first... plus, look at the longer-term scenario: soon, your son will go to pre-school, maybe that'd buy you more time..?

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Jadevine said…

    Thanks, Ruth! I think I do need to take this one at a time. Otherwise, commitments may fall by the wayside. I like to leave space for non-blogging stuff too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home